As part of the ROCKWOOL FIREPRO® system, it efficiently reinstates the fire performance of compartment walls, floors where apertures for formed to allow the passage of services. In addition to providing an effective fire and smoke sealant solution, the ROCKWOOL Acoustic Intumescent Sealant provides excellent acoustic performance by sealing linear gaps.
Handily available in 310ml cartridges, 600ml sausages and 5L tubs, it offers up to 4 hours fire protection in joints up to 50mm in walls & floors, when installed in accordance with the relevant data sheet and supporting detail.
[fusion_checklist icon=”ok” iconcolor=”#aaaaaa” circle=”no”]
- Acoustic Intumescent Sealant is third party approved by
-Certifire approved ref: CF 5577
-CE marked against EAD 350141-00-1106 & EAD 350454-00-1104 – ETA 15/0326 & 15/0327
- Essential fire protection – the ROCKWOOL Acoustic Intumescent Sealant provides up to 4 hours fire protection in joints up to 50mm in width and is tested to both BS EN 1366-3 and BS EN 1366-4
- An effective smoke seal – stopping the passage of smoke in its tracks.
- Easy to apply and suitable for multiple substrates and services.
- Fast curing – the sealant offers approximately 15 minute tack free time and when fully cured, the sealant can be overpainted.
- Flexibility – can accommodate movement of -/-12% of joint width
- Bespoke options – the ROCKWOOL Acoustic Intumescent Sealant is available as standard in white. Other colours are available to order, subject to minimum order quantities. Please contact the ROCKWOOL Technical Solutions Team for further assistance.