VERMICULUX®-S is an A1 non-combustible calcium silicate board which provides up to 240 minutes fire protection to structural steel. VERMICULUX®-S has permanent dimensional stability, so in the event of a fire it reduces the speed at which the steelwork will heat up, allowing it to maintain its loadbearing capacity for longer. VERMICULUX®-S is used to protect one, two, three or four sided encasements to universal columns and beams, joists and RSJs, structural hollow sections, bracing, lattice beams, partially exposed members, perimeter beams, beams supporting composite floors with profiled metal decking and wind posts.
[fusion_checklist icon=”ok” iconcolor=”#aaaaaa” circle=”no”]
- Up to 240 minutes fire protection
- Lightweight (9.6-24kg/m2)
- Available in a range of thicknesses
- Thinner solution when compared to other fire-resistant constructions
- Can be installed before the building is weathertight
- Can accept a decorative finish.
- Fully tested and certified (IS014001, ISO9001)
- Independently tested by Exova Warrington Fire (WF 385248)
- Responsibly sourced materials
- Providing up to 240 minutes fire resistance for a limiting steel temperature of 550°C